Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Make a Statement

Statement Necklaces

This trend entices me yet also scares me. How do I choose an exotic necklace like the ones pictured above? How do I know the party on my décolleté won't be too much going on? The thing about these necklaces is that you need to understand the phrase "statement piece." When wearing a statment necklace, you must make sure the rest of the look is simple. No prints, and stay away from other statement jewelry, especially earrings. A few bracelets aren't bad, as long as they are simple and not statement pieces as well. Stay away from dangling earrings while wearing a statment necklace or else the look will become costume-y. I just recently bought a simple navy tank and I'm looking for a statement necklace in the blues family to dress it up while providing compliment. Don't be afraid to take on the challenge of the statement necklace... get creative with it but stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment